The health and fitness niche will continue to boom because most of us want to keep in shape and look good. This Team Beachbody Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) Review will try to simplify a product line that promises to meet your fitness dreams as well as open money-making opportunities for fitness coaches.
I vividly recall the Billy Blanks and his Tae Bo workouts in the 1990s that inspired us to fitness through martial arts. The same principles of work out have not changed much with technological advancements.
Today, Team Beachbody has attracted masses of people by inventing a likeable weight loss programs and products; and adopted creative marketing. This way, it has managed to stamp its authority in the health and fitness landscape.
Team Beachbody Overview
The idea to work out and generate good business at the same time was hatched by two individuals Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon. It was started as Team Beachbody in 1998 with headquarters in Santa Monica, California, a location regarded as the birthplace of the modern physical fitness era. Their main focus was on weight fitness, weight loss products and home exercise videos.
They took advantage of the growth in popularity of the fitness and weight loss to build their multi-level marketing program that sells products through direct marketing coaches.
Team Beachbody’s mission to help people achieve their goals and enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life has enabled them to attracts over 350,000 coaches or independent distributors, whose primary goal is to assist people achieve their fitness and health goals.
Team Beachbody has over 800 workouts available to choose from including popular exercises like Shaun T’s INSANITY workout series, P90X series, 21-day fix, Body Beast, PiYo, 80 Day Obsession and many more. They also offer athletic gear, nutritional supplements and weight loss systems. There are several infomercials out there that have promoted these products.
As of 2018, Team Beachbody was responsible for over 53 million hours of fitness and nutrition content streaming conveniently. This grants you access at any time whether you are at home, at the gym or even on vacation; from your desktop PC, laptop, tablet and also mobile phone.
The regular updates of exclusive content and new workouts has made it a dependable and robust brand.
The Good & the Bad About Team Beachbody MLM
The Good About Team Beachbody MLM
- Team Beachbody has stood the test of time. Most MLM companies find it hard to go past five years of operations, but Team Beachbody has been in existence since 1998; a sign that they are doing things right.
- Their products are of excellent quality based on their program designs and the authority of their instructors. It should be clear, however, that personal effort helps one get better results.
- Team Beachbody has challenge groups, whose coaches and challengers, start Team Beachbody programs. It is here that you and I can share our success or failure stories on how we are progressing with a plan. It not only promotes accountability but also connects participants to like-minded people across the world.
For clarity, challengers are new customers who join the Team Beachbody program. They can later become coaches by building a business promoting and selling Team Beachbody products.
- When you convert your customers to join the Beachbody On Demand membership, you stand to earn 40% commission on annual memberships you sell. Commissions are paid out weekly. Therefore, the higher the number of recruits, the more commissions you earn.
The Bad About Team Beachbody MLM
- Just like many other popular multi-level marketing programs, there is stiff competition to find new customers. So to generate commission requires a lot of hard work. It is evident that on Twitter, #shakeology has over two million followers. Even other hashtags like P90X and Beachbody program have many followers all ready to get new followers online.
- The turnover of coaches is high since most of them stay in business for not more than two years. This turnover could be as a result of the high competition and the high level of commitment that is required. The average annual income of about USD 2,600, excluding expenses has not been much of an enticement.
- Challenge Packs which Team Beachbody coaches are encouraged to purchase cost between USD 140 and USD 400 though this depends on the workouts and supplements quantity you choose. You also have to but a minimum of 50 Personal Volume points (PV) every month to keep your status active for eligibility to earn bonuses. In brief, you have to be ready to keep spending money every month on Team Beachbody products.
- Although Team Beachbody is accredited with an A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating, customers give it a 2-star rating. The reason for the below-average score results from double billing and ignoring customer cancellations.
Who is Team Beachbody MLM For?
If you have never engaged in any health and fitness activity, it is time you rethink your priorities. The growth of the fitness industry has been on an upward trend globally. The growth of this industry is evident from the rise in the use of fitness, wearables like Fitbit Versa 2, Samsung Galaxy Fit, Xiaomi Mi Band 4 and many other high-end products.
The steady increase in the number of fitness professionals, health clubs, online fitness programs and gyms, contributes to the global growth rate of the health club industry currently at 8.7% with over USD 100 billion in revenue.
- Shakeology is a famous protein supplement brand that comes in different flavours. It contains digestive antioxidants, enzymes, fibre, probiotics, minerals and vitamins together with some vegan options.These protein shakes are popular as weight loss supplements; they curb hunger, reduce stress effects and improve performance. They come on the market in a variety of favours like chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, cafe latte and Greenberry. The advantage is that these shakes have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee in your favour.
- Beachbody On Demand is one of the leading online subscription streaming services that grants you access to fitness programs, meal plans, fitness challenges and coaching.
For anyone whose target is to lose weight or improve their health and well-being, Beachbody on Demand covers you with its beginner-level workouts to the high-intensity exercises like the INSANITY program.
It is here that you find the world’s best fitness trainers like Shaun T (creator of Transform:20, INSANITY®, FOCUS T25® and CIZE®), Autumn Calabrese (the creator of 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix EXTREME®, and 80 Day Obsession®), Joel Freeman (the creator of LIIFT4® and co-creator of CORE DE FORCE®) and Tony Horton. He has collaborated with Beachbody in the P90X® program.
Team Beachbody Compensation Plan
For the Beachbody coach compensation plan for retail sales, the Coach earns 25% commission on any sale made and there are no quotas to meet to qualify for this commission. As a new coach, most of your money will be earned from retail sales
The Beachbody coach compensation plan for Team cycle bonuses has a balance volume points, binary compensation plan where both of your downline legs need to be productive for you to earn any commission.
A cycle is counted once you have reached 300 balance volume points, and you are eligible to collect a commission that ranges between USD 14 and USD 18 depending on the rank you have attained. It is USD 14 for and Emerald coach, USD 16 for a Ruby Coach and USD 18 for a Diamond coach
To qualify as Emerald member – where you are eligible for cycle bonuses – you have to personally sponsor two active Coaches with one in each leg. You can build your network that can go down to many levels. There is no limit to the number of people you can recruit on your team.
However, there are weekly maximum bonuses you can receive as a coach at whatever rank as indicated below.
A coach has the opportunity to open up to 25 business centres. Assuming you are a 10 star diamond for all 25 business centres, you can walk away with USD 300,000 a week!! Generating USD 300,000 a week is by no means an easy feat but as Norman Vincent Peale quotes, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”.
Team Beachbody Price
Are you fired up to become a Team Beachbody Coach, for $39.95, you can sign up and get the Digital Business Starter Kit which gives you 30-day access to an online coach and support tools.
An additional monthly fee of USD 15.95 is the charge to maintain access to the coaching tools.
You have the option to operate the business on your own, or you can choose the opportunity to have a coach (a sponsor) work with you in building your business. However, it is essential to note that this coach will get a commission from your sales.
Team Beachbody is a Legit MLM company.
My Final Opinion of Team Beachbody MLM
When it comes to fitness and health products, whoever you try to convince to join you in the Team Beachbody business needs physical proof that the products and videos perform as advertised.
Just like most MLMs, if you as a coach do not know several people that can benefit from the products, it is hard to make the commission.
My opinion and recommendation are that having your own business can pay off while saving you a lot of time. Learn to build a business along with a website and put in some effort to create your financial freedom. You are guaranteed to get excellent training and 24/7 support.