This Amway MLM product review should help you form a decision whether Amway is worth joining as an Independent Business Owner to make money and set you on course for financial freedom.
Amway MLM, Product Overview
Founded in 1959 by Jay Van Andel and Richard DeVos, Amway has grown through the years to become the leading multi-level marketing (MLM) company in the world with over $8.8bn reported in sales in 2018. It is based in Ada, Michigan, United States of America but also has a heavy presence in California and Washington.
It is primarily engaged in the manufacture and distribution of beauty, nutrition, home and personal care products; which are sold through Amway™Independent Business Owners (IBOs) spread over 100 countries worldwide.
Amway promises 100% satisfaction guarantee for any purchases made. You get quality products; your purchase is protected in that if you are not satisfied with the product, it can be returned within its satisfaction guarantee time frame.
New Amway™ Independent Business Owners are assured of committed support in every step of the business journey, from humble beginnings to hard-earned success. They have zero purchase requirements and minimal sign-up fees.
Amway Products, The Good and the Bad
The Good About Amway
- There are no registration costs incurred when you want to join Amway
- Protection of your purchase by refunding your money should you decide not to continue as an Amway Independent Business Owner. This is normally between 60 to 180 days.
- Amway is well established with operations in over 100 countries worldwide in Asia, Europe, Australia and the Americas.
- It offers a variety of products that include beauty products, sports nutrition products, energy drinks, beauty products, personal care products and home use products.
- They offer many free courses and programs that are easily accessible online. They also run regular conferences to keep you updated with their products.
- There is no doubt about the quality of the products, but they are expensive as compared to similar products on the market. Even buy these products as a whole seller does not make it cheaper. The fact that you cater for the shipping and services costs whenever you make a purchase, make their product expensive.
- In order to earn bonuses and commissions from working with Amway, you need a strong network of friends and relatives to purchase your products. The pressure to sell and generate new sales is unending from the time you join.
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) found that Amway had some amendments to make with their policies and further noted that their commission policies reflected a new type of pyramid scheme. Any business with pyramid scheme tendencies raises suspicions.
Who is Amway For?
Amway products are of a high standard which undergo various quality tests to ensure purity, safety, effectiveness and durability. Their superior ingredients and design make them stand out and as a result, their price is higher than most products in their category.
Amway is for the customer that seeks to buy high-quality products from a brand name that has stood the test of time (over 60 years).
It is for the Independent Business Owner that is willing to sacrifice time to recruit new users of the Amway products and possesses excellent marketing abilities and interpersonal skills.
Amway Tools and Training
Amway offers the best training to its Independent Business Owners with courses offered in five languages (English, Spanish, French, Mandarin and Korean); teaching them on how to make money, how to sell, product knowledge and other business essentials.
The training is shared through PowerPoint presentations with videos, a facilitator with speaker notes and practical activities that energies participants.
Coaches and leaders are able to reach out to learners by Amway Amplify, a podcast series. This is where they can share inspirational messages that enable IBOs to become confident, overcome setbacks and take action!
The Amway support team is good and has impressed many that have sought it. They are helpful when you are starting up the business, shipping or making deliveries, making orders and returns, or even using the business platform.
The Amway website has an English Digital Assistant that provides automated responses to common questions.
Live chat is not supported.
The contacts for support are as below:
Phone: 1-800-253-6500 (Monday – Friday9:00 am – 11:00 pm; Saturday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and End of Month Day Open until 2:00 am, Eastern Time)
Joining Amway does not attract any registration fees! However, to get started, you are expected to purchase products which are grouped in different starter kits. It is possible to buy random products but be prepared to use up to $100 get started
Once you signup as an Independent Business Owner, you can earn in the three ways below.
- Retail margin from every Amway product sold.
- Bonuses calculated from your business growth.
- Incentives rewarded whenever you reach key business milestones
My Final Opinion of Amway
Amway can make you money as an independent business owner if you create a downline that is loyal that keeps purchasing products and recruiting new members. You have to withstand the pressure of continually finding new recruits as well as customers for your products in order to make money else you miss out on bonuses and incentives.
However, if it is the flexibility you look for in a business – where you can work with limited pressure and sell what you want – I would highly advise you to create your own online business.
You are assured of free training, support from fellow marketers and full-time customer service.